Washington -- The Citi Foundation and America's Promise Alliance announced that 12 nonprofit organizations have been selected as recipients of the Youth Opportunity Fund, a $3 million initiative to support city-level, innovative and scalable programs connecting more than 3,500 youth to opportunities that increase their employability.
The Youth Opportunity Fund is part of the Citi Foundation's Pathways to Progress initiative, designed o support direct-service programs that empower urban youth ages 16 to 24. The Fund has awarded one-year grants of $250,000 to nonprofit organizations in 10 U.S. cities:
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Café Momentum
- Center for Powerful Public Schools
- Communities in Schools of Miami
- Per Scholas
- United Way of New York City
- YouthBuild Newark
- Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis, Inc.
- Year Up Bay Area
- Urban Alliance
To learn more about the Youth Opportunity Fund and each grantee visit: http://www.americaspromise. org/youth-opportunity-fund.