Photo Courtesy of the3Doodler.com and Isabel Hathaway (Dynamo PR)
Original 3D printing pen reimagined for kids
3Doodler, the maker of the original 3D pen, has revealed the 3Doodler Start, available now for purchase at http://www.the3doodler.com/start. Taking the kids’ creative toy market by storm, the wireless, kid-safe and eco-friendly pen is the first designed specifically for young creators aged 8+. The 3Doodler Start is designed to be easy to use: just turn it on and insert an Eco-Plastic strand, the pen then melts and extrudes it, allowing your child to literally draw in the air. The 3Doodler Start is specially designed to be clean and safe, with no hot parts, messy resins or glues. It uses an Eco-Plastic that’s made entirely from food-grade materials, so it’s biodegradable, non-toxic and BPA-free. Hand your young budding designers, future architects, and artists of tomorrow a 3Doodler Start and watch them take their ideas to a whole new dimension.
Daniel Cowen, Co-Founder, said: 3Doodler Start inspires creativity, design, and spatial understanding, opening 3D creation to a whole new generation. Like LEGO and now Minecraft, the 3Doodler Start will become part of every kid’s upbringing. It provides the perfect educational platform for kids around the world and we’ve already seen fantastic examples of the community embracing the pen.
No longer are kids restricted to pen and paper; the 3Doodler Start encourages imaginative thinking and independent play. As well as bringing a whole new dimension to creative play, the pen can be used to augment other toys and games, by adding new accessories, improvements, and much more.
Focus Group Quotes:
My daughter loves building 3D worlds on Minecraft, so I think this could be the next natural step for her creative & educational development [Parent of 10 year old]
It will encourage imaginative thinking and independent play, which I like. [Parent of 9 year old]
3Doodler Start is available to purchase now at the3doodler.com/start from US$49.99, and will also be available in-store at the following leading retailers, to name a few:
Target, Michaels, Brookstone, MoMA Design Store, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, BestBuy, Macy’s, Hammacher Schlemmer, ThinkGeek, Amazon.com, Event Network, Learning Express
Argos, Smyths Toys, Maplin, Firebox, CostCo, Find Me a Gift, Menkind, Amazon.co.uk
Indigo Books & Music, Michaels, DeSerres, MasterMind Toys, NCIX, Toys R Us, Amazon.ca
Essentials Pen Set
- 3Doodler Start Pen, 2 packs of Eco-Plastic, 3Doodler Start Activity Guide and micro USB cable - US$49.99
Super Mega Pen Set
- 3Doodler Start Pen, 8 packs of Eco-Plastic, 8 unique DoodleBlocksTM, 3Doodler Start Activity Guide and micro USB cable - US$99.99
Key features of the 3Doodler Start include:
Safe & Clean:
- No hot parts: compliant with all EU & US toy safety standards, and no messy resins and liquids
- The pen uses environmentally friendly Eco-Plastic, developed by WobbleWorks, which is fully biodegradable in household composts
Simple and easy to use:
- Single temperature, single speed, and a warm up time of only 30-40 seconds
- Click once on the main button to extrude the plastic automatically, click again to stop. Double click on the main button to reverse the plastic
- 3Doodler Start has a rechargeable battery, providing 45mins to 1hr of continuous wireless use
- 3Doodler Start can also be used while plugged in and charging from a laptop or micro USB port
Size & Weight:
- Size: 138mm (long) x 35mm (high) x 41mm (wide) / Weight: ~91g
Designed by WobbleWorks, Inc., an emerging technology company with big ideas, the 3Doodler range of
3D printing pens have been created to be compact and easy to use, so anyone can start Doodling in 3D within minutes. Whether freestyle 3D sketching, tracing shapes from templates or making larger architectural structures, anything is possible with 3Doodler. #WhatWillYouCreate?