Day two of President Obama’s historic visit to Cuba is slated to include meetings with President Raul Castro.
According to whitehouse.gov, Obama’s schedule for Monday, April 21 is as follows:
- Obama participates in a wreath laying ceremony and take a tour of the Jose Marti Memorial
- Obama takes an official photo with Castro and participate in an official welcoming ceremony at the Palace of the Revolution
- Obama holds restricted and expanded bilateral meetings with Castro
- Obama and Castro deliver statements to the press
- Obama takes part in an event focused on entrepreneurships and opportunity for the Cuban people at La Cervecería
- Obama and the First Lady attend a state dinner at the Palace of the Revolution
Obama is the first sitting U.S. president to visit Cuba in 88 years. Accompanying him on his trip are First Lady, Michelle Obama, and their daughters Sasha and Malia.