New York -- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) will host its premiere Entrepreneurial Mindset Summit, bringing together visionaries and thought leaders in education, labor, policy, research, and entrepreneurship to address a defining challenge and opportunity of our time—how are we preparing youth with the entrepreneurial skills required in the new global economy?
The summit will be held at the Convene Conference Center in New York on October 27, 2015 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Alberto Carvalho, the nationally recognized Superintendent of Miami-Dade County Public Schools will present the keynote.
The summit will inspire collaborative action through topics focused on:
- Defining the entrepreneurial skills most essential to the success of today’s youth
- Cultivating the entrepreneurial mindset— drawing on successful models from academic institutions and the private and public sectors
- Identifying ways to measure entrepreneurial skills
- Exploring ways to empower our education systems to create innovative learning environments
"It’s an exciting time to ignite the conversation surrounding the development of the entrepreneurial mindset of our youth and its impact on our economic and social landscape,” Shawn Osborne, President of NFTE, said. “Drawing on 27 years of experience of measuring disadvantaged youth who excel when equipped with entrepreneurial skills, we are excited to share our research and to host a gathering of thought leaders to explore how we can better prepare our youth for the global economy.”
The one-day summit will boast a notable keynote speaker and panelists including:
- Alberto M. Carvalho, Superintendent of Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Brandon Busteed, Executive Director, Education and Workforce Development, of Gallup
- Dr. Vanessa E. Beary, Senior Advisor on Youth Entrepreneurship of the U.S. Department of State
- Justina Nixon-Saintil, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility Programs, of Verizon
- Katy Gaul-Stigge, Executive Director of the New York City Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development
- Patrick Kyllonen, Senior Research Director of the Center for Academic and Workforce Readiness and Success, Educational Testing Service (ETS)
The Entrepreneurial Mindset Summit is presented by EY, a global professional services firm, and with media partner Harvard Business Review. To register and view the full list of panelists, click here.