San Mateo, Calif. -- California Casualty is ready to provide another school with a $7,500 School Lounge Makeover®. The deadline to enter is October 2, 2015 at http://www.schoolloungemakeover.com.
The most recent winner, Principal Bonnie Tanaka, was able to leave the staff at Madrid Middle School in El Monte, California with an” island themed” room before she retired in August. The lounge has new meeting tables and chairs, comfortable couches, bistro tables and ample seating. Hand-me-down appliances were replaced with a new refrigerator, microwave, toaster ovens and coffee maker. Bonnie is certain this is the first time the cramped room has been given an update in more than 20 years.
Madrid is the 10th school to receive a makeover from California Casualty. The contest was created in 2011 to spruce up what is often a neglected room that teachers and staff use to decompress and share meals. Other school lounge makeovers have gone to:
- Colleen L., Apshawa Elementary, New Jersey
- Brady M., Gilbert High School, California
- Debbie S., Plainville High School, Connecticut
- Kendra B., Sunnydale Elementary School, California
- Richard G., Warner Middle School, California
- Kelly G., Tusky Valley High School, Ohio
- Sue O., Lake Hiawatha Elementary School, New Jersey
- Linda L., Quartz Hill Elementary School, California
- Kellie P., Colfax Elementary School, Colorado
Hurry, the entry deadline for the next California Casualty $7,500 School Lounge Makeover® is October 2, 2015, with a winner announced in November. Complete rules and the entry form can be found at http://www.schoolloungemakeover.com. All members of a school are encouraged to enter to increase their chance of being picked.